Monday, December 1, 2014

Last day of treatment!

Today was my last day of chemo! It went pretty well, although I'm feeling a bit sick now from the medicine. I'm excited to get back to school pretty soon, but I will miss on the 15th for my last PET scan. I'm especially looking forward to go back to art, because it's my favorite class.

Here I'm giving myself a Heparin flush, the last thing we did today!


This is me with my nurse, Emily! She was with me for chemo, and I really like her.


This is one of my doctors, Dr. Belyea. I met him during the last cycle of chemo. He's really funny! He does a lot of cancer research with mice and he dressed like a mouse for Halloween.



I had a great Thanksgiving! It was really fun because we had three dinners on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. The Stelows came over and ate with us which was great. I'm thankful for my family and all the visitors that came to see me since I started chemo!

My teachers, Ms. Nicholson and Ms. P came to see me last week


Here's me, my brother and sister at UVA Hospital

This is my family with Aunt Jean and Grandma Davis last week in Chapel Hill.


Keep checking for more updates as we get closer to the finish line! I'll put up more pictures when I feel a bit better.



6 comments:

  1. Way to stay strong Marcos! Everyone at Youth Farm is thinking about you and are glad the chemo is over. Happy to see you had a good Thanksgiving and I look forward to more updates. Hope you start feeling better soon now that chemo is done. - Gunnar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad to hear you've had your last round! Hang in there. And keep posting.
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost there Marcos! Can't wait to see you in six weeks, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news Marcos! I remember when Aunt Tina finished her Chemo, it was a happy day! I look forward to seeing you next week, and we can compare our bald heads! Love you much, Uncle Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcos, it was so great seeing you at the CHS game last night. You always have, and always will be, an inspiration! Big hugs, Mrs. Craft

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would like to invite you to join our meet up group for young adult survivors.
    http://www.meetup.com/CharlottesvilleYoung-Adult-Cancer-Survivor-Meetup/
    We have dinner every month but hope to add game and movie nights. Hope to meet you soon.

    ReplyDelete