Monday, September 29, 2014

Chemotherapy

Chemotherapy is a treatment that kills cancer cells. It can also kill hair and other fast-growing cells. It makes me nauseous, and my bones ache. Every day I have to take medicine in the morning and near bedtime so I don't get sick.
This is me getting my daily shot.

I took a blood test today, and because the results were so good, I don't have to take the shot anymore. If my blood counts go down, I'll have to start taking it again.

My tumor has been shrinking because of the Chemo, as you can see in these pictures.

Before Chemo
 

 
After the first round of  Chemo


This is Dr. Peterson.  He is one of my oncologists and the one that did my bone biopsy.  He shaved off his hair last week because his nephew found out he has cancer--the same kind my cousin April had called Wilm's tumor.    My hair is starting to fall out today.  I think I'm going to get my head shaved.  Stay tuned.
Do you like my new shirt?  It is from my former Scout master who drives a 2010 red Camaro.  Thanks Mr. DiMeglio!

7 comments:

  1. Man, the chemo sounds rough, Marcos. I feel bad for you. I hope things get better. Hang tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Marcos. You are being so brave throughout this process! I'll check in with you soon to see how your history project is going - and to go for another ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcos I am a friend of The Muccia family and I understand from Lynn that you and I share the same car addiction (trust me when you get older it only gets worse!). I reached out to a few of my friends in the car industry and told them about you, and as you know "car guys" stick together, so some of my friends are sending you a few goodies. I wish you a speedy recovery! Jim D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcos, I'm so glad that the chemotherapy is working and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your results were good, Marcos! Way to go! Much love from Washington, cousin Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you Marcos and I love your pictures. Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are still holding on to your optimism and your belief that you'll see it through. It looks like you are in the verge of achieving that. The hair loss may be an inconvenience, though. But either way, you can always solve that. Take care always! Hoping for the best!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete