Monday, September 22, 2014

Test Results



 Today we heard from Dr. Peterson that my bone marrow test results came back clear. That means my cancer is stage 3A. Stage 3 is because it is below the diaphram.The PET scan showed cancer cells in my spleen and in two nodes in my stomach area.
Last week I had three days of chemo. The first day they pumped 6 drugs into me, one turned my pee pink. This is the first of 4 rounds of chemo treatment that I have to do.

Ms. Erin giving me chemo. She had a 1978 punch buggy for 5 years and sold it on Craigslist. She is using the money for a mission trip and was upset that the the car sold in one day, she thinks she should have upped the price.

Lots of caution signs since they are putting poison in my body to treat the cancer.

Chemo going into the powerport


My friends at Youth Farm sent this sweatshirt. I had an internship this summer at Youth Farm for 8 weeks, 3 days a week for 6 hours each day. I planted and harvested and cooked.

Some friends sent these magazines since they know my love of cars.




6 comments:

  1. Hey Marcos, I am absolutely loving this blog... especially seeing how easy it is for you to make new friends at the hospital. The car stories put a big HUGE smile on my face. You have such a way of connecting with folks. What a gift you are! Thanks for keeping me posted.

    Many blessings,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marcos!
    Good news on the cancer being stage 3A.
    I love that you have had so many visitors!! You are very loved Marcos.
    Pati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, Marcos. The photos are great too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marcos! I've just caught up. I'll be following you from DC. I'm so sorry you're spending so much time in the hospital, but so happy to hear you got good news -- and very impressed by your fortitude. Love, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcos, the blog is very helpful for us back in MN. Your descriptions, photos and captions are so illustrative we feel like we're there in Virginia with you. We are thinking and praying for you daily.

    Love Uncle Louis, Becky and clan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marcos: I work with your dad at the Institute. Since I've heard about how much you love cars (me too!), I wanted to tell you about mine. I have a 1983 Mazda RX-7 with about 175,000 miles, five speed stick. I call it the Time Machine. I got it with insurance money after I lost my 1980 RX-7 in Hurricane Alicia (I am from the Texas Gulf Coast). My everyday car is a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3, turbo six speed. It is a blast to drive.
    We are praying for your complete recovery. Stay hydrated!
    Your friend, Leann Alspaugh

    ReplyDelete