Monday, October 20, 2014

half-way done, i hope


Last Monday I went to chemo.  I started my second round.  It was a long day.  I had to have 5 drugs put through my port.  I was at the clinic from 8am to 5 pm.  Our friends the Gortler’s came to visit and brought a 28 inch pizza from Benny Deluca’s.  It is a new pizza restaurant in Charlottesville.  It is the biggest pizza I’ve ever seen.  One piec e didn’t even fit on a plate.  I had to have 2 plates.  I liked it so much I ate 2 pieces.  It was a good thing I ate 2 pieces because the chemo made me so sick I couldn’t eat or drink later.

 One good thing was that I got to open a package from Aston Martin.  Julian Jenkins and Candace Cogan sent me some cool stuff—a hat, a mug, a teddy bear.( Tuesday  started off a little better.  I only had to have 2 drugs and I got home at 2:30.  But then my stomach really started to hurt so we ended up going to the ER.  On Wednesday I only had to have 2 drugs, I was supposed to go home at 11:00, but I felt really bad so I had to go to the hospital overnight.   I also got a nice package from Evan Cygler at Miller Motorcars in Connecticut.  He sent me a cool racing jacket and shirt from Ferrari and cool things from McLaren.  Thanks!
It was a long week but I met some nice people at the clinic and the hospital.  One of the nurses in the ER named Tonya lives on a chicken farm.  She drives an Acura.  When she is at home in Harrisonburg, she helps on their family farm.  They raise eggs for Pilgrim Pride--they deliver 10,000 Eggs A Day!  So they have lots and lots of chickens at their farm.  The funny thing is even though she can have as many eggs as she wants, she doesn't like them. 
Today was my halfway point--Yippee!  I had 2 chemo drugs today and the flu shot.  One of my nurses is 6'7" and his wife is also a nurse--she is not so tall.  He used to be the kicker for UVA football and now he teaches other people how to kick. 
Do you want to hear something interesting?  I got an email from my Godfather Louis yesterday.  He has a piece of land in Northern Minnesota.  He has a wild game camera that took a picture of 4 black bears on his property when he wasn't there.
My friend Alan teaching me guitar yesterday
 

Eating the Jumbo Pizza from Benny Deluca's
 
A package from Aston Martin
Happy Halloween!

Playing UNO in the ER with my mom and sister

My tall nurse Jimmy and his pretty wife Mary

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really tough week. I don't envy you a bit. Hang tough, man.

    But: you're learning how to play guitar? Maybe you and Crawford and I can play some next summer when y'all are in Minnesota. (I play very badly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beating this thing with flying colors Marcos and I'm amazed by your good attitude through it all! You are in our prayers and I can't wait to see you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep hanging in there Marcos! All of us at Youth Farm know how strong you are. It is really cool to see all the cars stuff you have been getting. Look forward to all the updates - Gunnar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update Marcos! Keep hanging in there - you are doing great! I think you are going to have to get a new room in your house for all of your car gear now! You can have your own "car and gear shows" display!
    Mr. DiMeglio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcos! I really enjoy your blog! Thank you for keeping us updated. And thank you for being my navigator at Scouting for Food. I think you know how to use my GPS better than me (and I've had it for 7 years). I'm so happy you are half way done with chemo! Have a great week! - Mrs. Richardson

    ReplyDelete